Follow these procedures when an employee leaves.
1. Login to Users PC and export mailbox to a .pst. Copy to the My Documents folder.
2. Burn the My Docs directory to a CD-R. (Verify if anyone else will need immediate access to the files. If so, copy them to the new users directory)
3. Change the users password if not done already.
4. Remove the user from the address book. (Server Mgmt – Users – Exch Adv – Hide Check Box)
5. Setup new user who may need access to the old users email in Exch – Adv – Mailbox rights. Read, Change, Full Access rights.
6. If new user will not need access as stated in step 5 then Monitor the users email via OWA for a period of time (2 weeks to a month if necessary). Send replies and/or forward the email.
7. After monitoring period is over delete the account and users home folder.
If/When a new user takes over the PC that was used by the departing employee follow these instructions.
1. Create new user account.
2. Setup computer with new users name.
3. Re-Enable the administrators account.
4. Remove the computer from the domain by setting the login to workgroup on the users PC. Restart. (right click my comp from start menu – computer name – change domain box)
5. Follow these steps to connect the computer to the domain.
6. Start IE – enter http://servername/connectcomputer
7. Add the administrator and user to the computer.
9. Login as the Domain Admin
10. Remove user from the Administrators group
11. Disable the Admin Account
12. Setup new user for remote access and remove old user.
14. Login as new user
15. Change password on login.
16. Config taskbar options.If new user will access old users email setup new profile. Contol Panel – Email – Add profile – add exch acct.